Well.....we have some big news. On Wednesday night we had a strapping 11 lb baby boy. It wasn't nearly as difficult as some might imagine. I found him on the internet early in the week, spoke with the breeder on Tuesday, and we were driving to Indy Wednesday to get him! A HUGE thanks goes out to Lee's folks for letting us borrow their dog crate on such short notice.....enabling him a bedroom all his own! Totally saved us!

This is Tobias Snider. Affectionately being called Toby. He was born on December 18th in southern Indiana. He was rejected from the show world due to an excessive overbite (don't mention it in front of him...he's sensitive about it.) He is an AKC Registered Red Tri Australian Shepherd and has stolen our hearts while dominating our time. His hobbies including: eating, peeing, pooping, sleeping, peeing more, pooping more, and playing with his toys. He has gorgeous hazelish greenish eyes and a laid back personality.

Tobias means "The Lord is good" in Hebrew and so my excitement over our landlord and my husband allowing me to get a dog is certainly a blessing from God. To give you an idea what Toby will look like someday here is a shot of his papa...except Toby will be red, tan, and white. An absolutely gorgeous dog.

I'm not enjoying the lack of sleep or constant peeing and pooping...but he sure is stinking cute. We are enjoying laughing at his antics. Plus having a pup to cuddle up to you just feels nice. The first night he would not leave the kitchen and so would peek around the corner to see what we were doing while wiggling his little cotton ball like tale.

He looks like a little bear when he runs around. It's really funny. My sister was really sick this week and so my mom made a trip to Indy yesterday to take care of her. My mom's a driving machine. She then swung up through here on her way home. But she wasn't going to miss a chance to meet her new "grandson". She was generous enough to provide Toby (us) with a doggie playpen. She also claims she is going to throw us a puppy shower!

This play pen will be in the basement so Toby can be down there while we are on the treadmill or doing laundry. Then when the weather gets nicer he can be outside without being tied up. The puppy is definitely a slight glimpse of what a baby would be like. Although at the very least when a baby wakes you up five times a night you don't have to go out into the yard in 20 degree weather and repeatedly say.."Go potty." However, my appreciation for mothers (Nat) has grown tenfold. I am SOOOO tired. At least I can put him in his crate and then go take a nap. The upside to a dog vs. a baby! Toby is super smart though so I'm hoping that he'll quickly catch on! He's already learned to sit. Yup been here almost two days and will sit on command. Can't wait to teach him all sorts of stuff. Lee's excited because Aussies are bigtime frisbee dogs. Well I'm hoping not to turn into one of those people that humanifies their pooch...so hold me accountable to that, loyal readers (if there are any). Until the little pee factory gets under control I'm going to be one busy mommy. Here I leave you with some cute shots of our newest addition:

He got a bath due to getting a little pooey in traveling home from Indy Wednesday night. Plus I don't want him to be afraid of baths so he can always be pretty and fluffy and smell nice. With that....I'm off to take him out to go potty. :)
4 comments:
What a cute pup!!!! And I do think pets are a nice "warm up" to preparing for the idea of a baby. Animals are so fun to have around the house!
TOO CUTE! He looks so snuggly! Congratulations on the new addition...didn't know you were even expecting. It never showed! hahaha! smooches to my friends.
Very cute! Daisy's best friend is a miniature Australian Shepherd, Penny, which is very cute to watch due to the drastic size difference between them! Congrats and best of luck to the new parents! :)haha...we only lost sleep the first couple of weeks, so it isn't too bad!
- kristy & josh
I want to snuggle with that puppy!
Post a Comment