Saturday, May 3, 2008

Toby visits the Vet

Well Toby had his surgery...you know the man surgery. I went to pick him up yesterday when it was pouring down rain. I went inside, paid, talked to the vet tech and then as she went to get Toby I pulled the Jeep around to the door of the vet office so that he wouldn't get too wet and we wouldn't have to walk far in the rain. I ran inside and there he was......looking to be in good spirits despite the plastic collar that they were making him wear. We ran out the door, jumped up in the Jeep. I shut the passenger door and went around to the drivers side only to find that.....Toby had bumped the lock button on the Jeep door and had locked my keys, my purse, my cell phone, and my recently fixed puppy with a plastic collar inside! He was bouncing back and forth from the passenger to the driver seat confused as to why I wasn't getting in. PRAISE GOD one of the windows was down like 2 inches. I ran inside, got something to poke at the lock button and proceeded to stand out in the pouring rain attempting to rescue my pooch. He bumped into the stick I was using and I almost dropped it in side with the rest of the locked in things. However, I did unlock the door and we went safely home. I was quite thankful that I did not have to sit in the vet office as people came in and out looking at the poor puppy locked inside a Jeep with a collar on. I was also thankful because we only have one key to the Jeep and so a police officer or AAA would have had to come to break in. Quite the adventure. God was looking out for us. Here are some shots of our dog who acts as though he feels fine!

Still smiling......even after major surgery.

This is when I feel the worst......that CANNOT be comfortable!

2 comments:

Linz said...

Hey Becca & Lee! Just thought I'd letcha know I started up my blogging page..finally! I love reading up on everyone and especially your adorable Toby:) My website is www.lindsaymaust.blogspot.com. I added your link to my page so hope that's ok! Thanks!Linz

Tammy said...

I am sorry to hear about the boy surgery but I guess we must do our part as Bob Barker says! Lovin' your blog! Your on my favorites! Hope to see you soon!