
Flowers are a treat that make you smile and feel special, but are usually too expensive to be something that happens frequently. Well for us 'Wagner' girls it is tradition. Every year my mom sends us flowers to celebrate the first day of spring. I've gotten them since my freshman year of college. She sent them to me in the dorms, then when I worked in Indy at the bank, at the dentist office, to the dorm at Grace College, to the Middle School last year, and then again this year. :)
People always ask who they are from and why I get them. The usual guess is a birthday or anniversary. And then I get to say, "Actually they are from my mom. Each year she sends me flowers on the first day of spring." What's funny is that from year to year people remember........because it's something special and different that they think is pretty cool. Yep that's my mom.....pretty cool. She loves me well. She makes me feel special even though she's far away. And she has always done little things like Spring flowers to encourage me. At this point of the year you always need a reminder that spring is coming! I hope that someday I have the chance to spoil a child the way my mom spoils me. Which means I'd probably need a daughter because I would guess sons don't really care so much about the spring flower bouquet.
No comments:
Post a Comment