Monday, June 11, 2007

A.Wolfert marries N.Smith!

This weekend Lee and I headed to Ohio for our first wedding of the season. Since Lee had to work on Friday, we headed to Ohio around 5:00 and arrived around 9:30. We played a few games of cornhole with the Wagners and hung out for a bit. Saturday morning we headed to Granville for a jewelry party and then the wedding festivities. We were lucky enough to find free lodging with my mom's boss and good friend Chris. Saturday afternoon we headed to the rehearsal dinner which was bbq and it was delicious. Ironically I have not been in any weddings aside from my own so it was fun to be in the bridal party and not have the worry of being the bride. Hardly seems possible Lee and I were getting ready to have a wedding a year ago! Time has gone by so fast. In some ways it seems like it was yesterday and it others it seems like we've been married forever. After the rehearsal we went out to the Claddaugh Irish Pub for a bit and then headed back to Chris's for the night. We got a little lost trying to get back but all ended well. Little did we know that staying at Chris's wasn't the typical free place to stay. She had left a little bucket with chilled drinks, strawberries, and brownies by our bed for when we got home! In the morning she had a breakfast spread that was delicious. Lee and I got quality bed and breakfast treatment at an affordable price (free)!

I mean seriously how cute is this little bucket? Chris would give Martha Stewart a run for her money!

Sunday we headed to the Bryn Du Mansion to begin getting ready for the wedding. Lee was excited to wear a pair of "boat shoes" that he had sweet talked my mom into buying for him on Saturday. Quite the outfit he had going....

The wedding began at 2 at the front of the Mansion with a Polo Match in the background. It fit perfectly with their "tea" theme!
I was just so excited for Amanda and Nathanael to finally be able to celebrate this joy filled day. As you can see in the following pictures the day could not have been more perfect. They are such a great couple.......here are some shots from the wedding/reception.
Amanda and Andrea are two women who I will miss desperately. Both of them are no longer going to be residing in Winona Lake. Amanda and Nathanael will be in Ohio and Andrea in Michigan. It is so exciting for them both but really hard for me to lose friends who know me well and make Lee and I laugh a lot. These two women have been the best friends anyone could ask for. Not only are they my best friends but good friends with Lee's too which is what has made them so special to us.


And as we go off on our separate paths my prayer is that I will be able to stay close with these two....that we will be life long friends no matter where we live or what we are doing.


The End......

or

The Beginning......

1 comment:

jonathan & jessica said...

Jonathan and I were in a wedding at the Bryn Du Mansion the day before! How ironic?!?! Isn't Granville such a wonderful place??? A perfect place to raise a family:)