Thursday, June 21, 2007

Mischief and witty banter abound…..

Lee and I were invited to get together with two very entertaining couples for dinner on Wednesday night…..Grandpa Jim and Grandma Kay Snider and their close friends Francis and Mary Lou. It is an evening guaranteed to include great food, lots of laughter, unending wit, and most likely a “friendly” game of cards.

We arrived and immediately the fun began. Get these four friends together and watch out. It is hysterical. Now a few of the individuals present are more mischievous than others but I won’t mention any names……….ahem Kay and Francis. I probably ought to also list my name with the trouble makers. Grandpa Snider can definitely step up to the plate but his tactics are more subtle so I can’t really bunch him with the rest. Lee, Grandpa Snider, and Mary Lou are rarely the primary instigators. They just chime in when the spirit moves them.

We had an amazing dinner prepared by the Aussie (Grandma Kay). Lee was in heaven because she’d made one of his favorites, creamed asparagus. For dessert we had homemade raspberry pie with a big dollop of homemade ice cream. SO GOOD!

We played a game of cards in which Lee and I never win. But I mean we ARE playing against professionals. They distract us with banter and stories and then beat us without even batting an eye.

It is such a great time. Lee and I thoroughly enjoy being able to be around these ‘young at heart’ couples. They are a hoot and we have a blast every time. They are so fun because they tease each other and just laugh constantly. It’s a treasure to have such great examples of how marriage and friendship can be fun no matter how long you’ve been married. We made another play date for August and cannot wait until the gang is together again.

Now honestly don’t these guys look ornery?

Francis, Lee, & Grandpa Snider

And the women who can easily keep up....

Grandma Kay, Becca, & Mary Lou

I'm chuckling just thinking about it. Such a great way to spend a Wednesday evening....eating too much and laughing with friends and family you love dearly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais

Adam and Becca said...

How fun!!! It's awesome to have "wiser" and "more experienced" couples to hang out with! (I didn't want to call them "old"). I can just imagine the laughter and the antics!