We live on a rather busy road. The road we live on people drive on to get out of town towards the outskirt subdivisions.....but what I love most about our little house is the backyard. We still have our hummingbirds........and the deer. Now the deer bring me special joy because there is a doe who last summer and this summer has had TRIPLETS. They are the most commical thing in the world to watch. They are like little sheep bouncing all over, running, chasing one another....it makes me smile. They pass through our back yard most mornings and evenings and give me a laugh. A few weeks back as I pulled out of our driveway tragedy had struck and I saw one of the babies had gotten hit and was on the side of the road. It seriously ruined my day. I almost cried. Now I'm not going to emote over a grown squirrel, racoon, deer, etc. hit on the road. But it was one of my BABY DEER!!! Here are some shots of the "family" (-1). Note I am not using the zoom on my camera. I am sitting on our picnic table and they are really that close to me. Aren't they cute?

No comments:
Post a Comment