Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Girl Power.

This week is my "vacation". I have one week of down time before I begin preparations to be a therapist in the schools. Well what does one do to occupy one's time?? Yesterday I was lucky enough to get invited to hang out with Lee's cousin (my good friend) Alyssa at her folks pool. My sis in law and the nephews were also in attendance. It was great to be in the water, get some sun, and chat. Today I had no such plans. And so I decided to throw caution into the wind and attempt something that is quite adventurous and potentially stupid. Last night I began the preliminary steps towards successfully accomplishing my goal. What did I want to do you ask? Well I wanted to put our waverunner into Winona Lake and ride around/float for the afternoon. This may seem like an easy endeavor but I have two huge factors working against me 1) backing up a waverunner trailer is a b!$@&.. and 2) our waverunner has only actually worked 2 of the 5 times we've taken it out. These reasons are why I'm crazy to attempt this on my own while Lee is at work. I discussed my idea with my significant other (who is the master at backing things and still sometimes has to re-align the waverunner trailer multiple times before getting it correct). He proceeded to assist me in propping the trailer on a block so I wouldn't have to lift it so high to put it on the hitch. Oh did I mention that I had to run some errands this morning so he couldn't just have it hooked up for me! Yes. Girl power. Start to finish.....ALL ME.

And so it began......
Step One: Hookin' up the Rig. [CHECK]

Step Two: Drive to the Launch. [CHECK]
Step Three: Back the Trailer into the Launch [After 30 minutes of figuring out how to do it and backing up and pulling forward and backing up....CHECK]
Step Four: Shoving Waverunner off of Trailer while trying not to slip on Mossy Launch. [CHECK]

Step Five: Crossing one's fingers that after all this work she starts. [CHECK]

Step Six: Ride, float, and enjoy. [DOUBLE CHECK]

Step Seven: Backing the empty trailer in to load waverunner back up. [CHECK]

Step Eight: Pulling the waverunner back up onto the trailer. [Wasn't graceful or looking like an expert but I managed...CHECK]
Step Nine: Driving home. [Check]
Isn't she cute. Started everytime! I'm so proud. It was a great trip. Two hours on the water, 45 minutes unloading and loading...... I'm confident I could do it again! The only area in which I was slightly disappointed was I really really wanted to complete the trip by backing it into the driveway....make Lee proud....but the traffic is horrible on our road and after one attempt I had to throw in the towel, drive around the block, and just pull her in. Guess I still need Lee...

No comments: