On Friday I headed to Indianapolis to celebrate my mom's birthday. We left the men folk at home and met in Indianapolis for a Wagner girls weekend. We shopped, we ate at the Mongolian BBQ (per the birthday girl's request), we talked a lot, laughed a lot, and just enjoyed a chance to be together. Miriam and I decided to go above and beyond a birthday cake (both in specialness and in caloric intake).........we got mom a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. Miriam almost ruined it by looking at how many calories were in a serving.....but we just decided we'd eat it as a meal and it would be ok!I am very lucky to have such an amazing mom and sister. It is great to be with those who love you most and who know you best. There is something so comforting about being able to "just be." It's something I definintely miss now that I'm far away. But what can you do? Make the most of the times you have and look forward to the next time.
1 comment:
It was a fun, special weekend that made me smile. I'm the lucky one...and I'll smile every time I look at the glamour shot of E. Rufus.
love and prayers,
mom
Post a Comment