Sunday, October 12, 2008

October

Last weekend I came down with a horrible horrible something....achy body, sore throat, terrible cough......just a nasty virus. Of course last weekend was also the marriage retreat and my mom & sister were coming out to dog sit and visit. I did not go to school on Friday and slept the entire day. I pulled myself together heavily medicated and braved the marriage retreat. We really needed it to reconnect and talk and process where we've been since school began. We got to stay in this amazingly cute little log cabin at Swan Lake Golf Course. The speaker was Dave Harvey who wrote the book "When Sinners say I Do." We really learned a lot. His thoughts sparked very good conversation and prayer for us late Friday night. I wish I could say that the sessions on Saturday were equally as amazing....and they probably were but I don't remember much because I personally was pretty miserable. We returned home Saturday evening, spent some time hanging out with my mom and Miriam and I went to bed. I slept most of Sunday and called in sick on Monday. Tuesday I still didn't feel any better but couldn't afford to miss another day. So the rest of the week was pretty much spent trying to recover from the bug. I didn't really feel better until yesterday. I hate when being sick just doesn't fit into your schedule!

No comments: