Sunday, July 4, 2010

Summer Photo Journal

We hit the ground running this summer and haven't stopped for a minute since we've started. While being busy has been fun, it sure has made the summer go by way too fast.

Lee started his summer on a road trip with one of his best buddies Jason to another of their friend's wedding in Tenn. I didn't go because it was on a Friday afternoon and happened to be my last day of school.
We bought 5 trailer loads of mulch and redid all of our landscaping in preparation for hosting Lee's family for Father's Day. Due to some intensely long days of weeding I am now experiencing the symptoms of carpal tunnel. Lee has went to the Snider family lake cottage to play with the nephews in the water.

We had to call in professionals. Not for the mice, coyote, or moles (all of which we've become friends with)....but we did decide it was worth paying to have a professional come attempt to remove the colony of bats that apparently call our home, home.
Miriam came to visit for a part of her vacation. We had a camp fire, went out to eat at some cool local dives, went antique shopping, and she came along to visit the therapeutic riding place that I volunteer at. Toby was very glad to have his favorite visitors in town.
Lee and I went on a quick trip to Ohio to visit my aunt and ride her horse. I'm hoping he might come to live in our barn some day. My mom met us there and rode home with me to visit for a day or two.
As is tradition Fourth of July fire works on the lake with the Wagners. If you can tell, we have fun.

The summer calendar started out relatively blank this year and in a blink it's the fourth of July. As I look through photos I realize that we've been working very HARD and very busy.

3 comments:

miriam said...

Thanks for having me! After next weekend, you'll be tired of seeing me so often.

Natalie said...

Glad you guys could make it up to the cottage. It was fun being with you! Thanks again for hosting Father's Day. It was so much fun and your house looks amazing. You have such a great touch with decorating!!!!

Heather said...

I like the picture of Miriam and the tiny horse. I really want a tiny horse for our backyard, but Mike says no. I think Scrappy would love having a horse for a best friend!