I am having some company over on Friday night and they are all coffee drinkers. So I said to myself, "Self, what dessert goes best with coffee?" Why tiramisu of course! So I ventured out to make this fabulous dessert. Now I knew I had a quality recipe from my Southern Aunt B....all I had to do was find the ingredients. I searched high and low for ladyfingers. Apparently the only place in Warsaw Indiana that sells lady fingers is Owens......which was NOT my first, second, or third stop. I then proceeded to follow the recipe doing all sorts of Martha like instructions: double boilers, whipping cream into stiff peaks, making brandied espresso, and so on. This recipe is definitely worth it, but I labored in the kitchen all afternoon. (Truth be told I have a paper to write and this was a great diversion. My name is Becca and I am a procrastinator.) I made myself a tiny bowl to taste test. You know, to be sure that it's worthy to feed to guests :) And I may have just outdone myself. It's not only beautiful, but tastes like Martha could have very well made it on her own. I'm so domestic. 
Wednesday, February 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm impressed...I'm just proud of myself to make a tator-tot casserole:)
I'm going to have to take lessons from you someday. Before you know it you'll be up making muffins at 2 am. ; )
Whoa! I used to consider myself domestic until I read your endeavor......impressive! I don't even think I would dare try that!
I am very proud of you! Wahoo for being like Martha! The other night I made one of Aaron's mom's recipes. I was a little nervous that he would say, "This doesn't taste like my mom's," because she is an amazing cook. It turned out well and he loved it!
beccccccccaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
how do i change my blog so i can put the links for you and lee's and megan and aaron's blogs on so i don't have to bookmark the pages! pretty please help!
Post a Comment