"I don't wanna be a student!"
(Said like Jerry Seinfield says, "I don't wanna be a cowboy!")
I'm dying. I spent the entire weekend, plus all evening tonight working on this paper AND IT'S NOT FINISHED. I don't know what it is about this paper, but it really is chapping my behind. (Almost literally due to the number of hours I've spent at my desk.) And it's not like it's the only thing I have to do. I have a midterm on Friday worth 25% of my grade, and this paper would be another 25% of that same grade! I have yet to start studying for that because I've been trying to finish this paper!
It's been a weird weekend. Lee hasn't been here at all for various reasons. I didn't see him Saturday and then Sunday he left for a three day conference. In some ways it was good that he went to the conference so I could JUST focus on the paper, but Saturday-Tuesday is a long time to not have anyone around. I realize'd in these moments of being all alone why I like pets. At least there is something else moving around with you. At least you have "someone" to talk to. Someone who cares.
And so I'm doing a tribute to one of my pets: Tilly. She was my amusement in Indy and always kept me company! She continues to offer hours of laughs to Miriam who has now has full custody. This cat has more personality than most dogs... and will chase a laser pointer dot around the room for way longer than you would think a cat's attention span would allow.
Tilly this weekend you were missed.
(Mim be sure to show her she made it on the internet!)
And a special thanks to Edie Rufus who keeps my mom company on all the nights when my dad is at work! My mom wouldn't be able to live without her.

haha. well enough blog therapy. I'm taking my funny pet memories and heading to bed. Gone are the frustrations of papers...at least until tomorrow when I wake up.
No comments:
Post a Comment