Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Seat Situation

So since we bought our bikes last week I've ridden probably four or five times. After the fourth ride I began to wonder if it was really normal for one's whole crotch to be numb and yet at the same time painfully screaming "please stop". After doing a bit of research on the internet I found that it may have been attributed to having too little of a seat and too big of a butt! Actually my seat was a man's seat and so I decided to go talk to the Trailshop guy and see what he had to say. So I pedaled my little self over there and said to the guy....."This seat is making my crotch hurt." I mean what's the point of trying to sugar coat it? So he says that he can move my seat forward some and that might put more of my weight on the "bigger" section of the seat. This helped tremendously. I then asked if I could try out a different seat....just to see. So he puts on a slightly more padded women's "saddle" (trying to learn the biking lingo) and the moment my behind sat down I exclaimed, "I want this one." I was willing to spend money on a new seat, I mean what's the point of having such a great bike and being in tears because it's painful to sit on the seat. The guy then said, "Ok have a great day." He traded me straight up! That's why Lee and I spent a little bit more to have the service of the shop...they are really great there.

My old seat:




My new seat:

Can you see a difference??? haha. Oh man it has made all the difference in the world!

1 comment:

Adam and Becca said...

I had to laugh at your straightforwardness with the shop guy! So cute....I can just picture you saying it! And "crotch" is one of those words that I'm still not mature enough to say without smiling.