Seriously is this dog not the cutest thing ever?
Lee and I spent Friday sleeping and resting- trying our best to recover so that we could enjoy the rest of the weekend. Even with antibiotics from the doc we still were struggling. Miriam headed home Friday evening and Edie welcomed her as well.Saturday Lee and I still laid on the couch and tried to get better while the rest of the family did their own thing. Then Saturday night we got to go to my parent's new favorite restaurant.....
Definitely a hole in the wall sort of place but they had great ribs and steak.......it was quite the atmosphere!
Lee was pretty tickled with his victory though and almost had two but Miriam snuck in and stole his Longest Road card for the win.
Sunday we went to church but I barely made it through the service. Lee is beginning to feel better almost a week later, the end for me however is not yet in sight. But as lady luck would have it, as we are driving our sick mobile back to Indiana our land lady calls (at 7:45 on Sunday night) to inform us that the amish will be at our house around 6 am to re roof the house. Oh JOY. I had planned on sleeping all day, resting, and hopefully seeing recovery in sight. I cannot go stay anywhere else and infect people with this....and so here I sit listening to five amish men on my roof sounding more like ten elephants that are going to crash through the ceiling any second. It's quite possibly the worst day ever. Hopefully Lee is fairing better back at school!?! I'm wondering just how much nyquil one would have to consume to drowned out the ever present banging above my head? I'm thinking two shots and my IPOD might do the trick.........we'll soon find out!
2 comments:
You poor babies! I was sick over break too and had two teeth pulled and a root canal! Some day we can all feel better and get together and be happy as all get out! Miss you both lots and lots. Happy sleeping - I hope you get to!
Oh my goodness, Settlers of Catan is our new favorite game!!
Sorry you were both sick over your spring break :-(
Love, Audra
Post a Comment