So yesterday I went out on the trail for the first time. I attempted the Beginner Yellow SHORT. I was alone so I could go at my own pace, and not feel foolish or embarrassed if I fell. I actually made it through the whole thing without falling. There was one brief moment where I was going a bit too fast, down hill, between some pine trees......I hit a root and my life flashed before my eyes. Thankfully I did NOT go head first into a tree like I thought I was going to. I recovered and then went VERY slowly the rest of the way. This picture makes the trails look very peaceful and easy. I can't stop and take pictures on the places where I am screaming "AHHH" because if I stopped I would surely hurt myself. Some day I will go back without a bike, just the camera and show you what we are riding over!Today I decided to attempt the Beginner Yellow LONG. Again I set out alone, my camera and my cellphone in tow. I started off doing relatively well (for my second time). I still go really slow, but I'm just getting the feel for it. Then I come around a turn and see a log up ahead. Now I've been instructed to ride at such obstacles with good speed, pull up on the handle bars, and "pop" over it. So braveheart that I am, I pedal, aim at the lowest niche, and about half of my front tire gets over before my back tire gets caught and I plop to the left side. Laying flat on the ground, I was laughing at myself. Well, let's be honest I need to learn how to do this -- So I back my bike over it and try again. Second time SUCCESS, made it over like I'd been doing it my whole life. So, I took a picture. This is my "victory over the log" shot.
Truth be told I wanted to be sure I could do it, and I fell on attempt three as well. But attempt four was successful and so I continued on, believing I can do it (maybe just not EVERY time).Soon we'll have some action shots of Lee and I......
3 comments:
Sounds like so much fun! Where are these trails that you speak of?! I might have to try them out this summer. Maybe we can be friends together sometime! Peace and much love to ya!
hee hee hee! great story. heard dina might join you on a trail. you must take pictures ;). but first, you gotta come visit :)...so i can atleast stop pretending that i have met you and so i can stop being that stranger who leaves you comments :). have a great day and enjoy those trails!
Thanks for the post. I didn't mean to guilt trip you, just wanted to know that you have been missed by me. It was so great to see you at school. I am so glad too that our friendship is one that time has no bearing on. It was great to talk and feel like we haven't skipped a beat! Love you both!
Post a Comment