Monday, November 26, 2007

Blogging Season is Upon Us

Thanksgiving provided many bloggable photos. We began the festivities by celebrating "Thanksgiving Eve" with Lee's family. All of the step brothers attend and there is a slew of nieces and nephews. We greatly enjoy the Replogle boys (all three.....click on their blog to see how cute they are) as well as the many Cripes. Then Thanksgiving morning we headed to Ohio to see my family. We met up at the Ballmers and as always had a good time. There were no little ones for entertainment but we make due entertaining ourselves. Lee watched a lot of football with the menfolk and played some basketball with the Ballmers. Aunt Bren and I went out to the Univ. of Findlay horsebarn where she keeps her horse. Here is a shot of her showing off ...... Man oh man do I miss riding. It had been close to three years since I'd ridden. I think missing it dulls when you aren't around horses for awhile. But the minute I'm in a barn it all comes back. I got my first pony for my second birthday. Apparently that was my motivation for potty training. My mom told Lee and I this story over break....I was told that I wouldn't get a pony for my second birthday if I was still pooping my pants....and I wanted a pony badly.... so I started using the toilet before I was two. That simple. I was a freakishly smart child apparently. All that to say horses have been a part of my life for a long long time. Unfortunately at this junction in life they aren't an option....sniffle sniffle....

Then we headed to F-town to spend some quality time with the fam. We played Settlers. We played table ping pong. Lee and Dad shot guns. We spent a lot of time just enjoying being together. Here are some shots of the time in Buckeye land.

Those of you that have been avid readers since last holiday season may recall that at Christmas we all went mudding in the Jeep and truck......well for Thanksgiving Lee decided that the "manly" activity ought to be shooting guns. Of course my dad, who is used to daughters, jumps at the chance for things that are "manly". So off we go into the field to shoot at pop bottles. It was quite the event.
The old Marine still had it......What Lee lacked in skill he made up for in effort..... I shot a couple of times but due to the elements spent much of my time inside the truck laughing at the men inspecting the pop bottles and discussing their shots.
My two favorite guys......they are quite a pair.

No comments: