Friday morning we headed to Chicago where one of my good friends from college was getting married. Sarah was one of the very first people I met at Indiana Wesleyan and I lived with her after we graduated in Indianapolis. She now lives in Colorado. Sarah was one of those people that you always just loved hanging out with because she is very unique. You'll never meet anyone like her. Her interests are very diverse. Usually you can categorize someone by interests and styles....not Sarah. She's sporty and outdoorsy but also musical and artistic. She's fun and crazy but can be introverted. She can be both punky and preppy. She is one of those people that make you feel just a little bit cooler because you are friends with her. She was one of the bridesmaids in my wedding and is someone that I definitely wish I got to see more often. It was really great to get to see her and spend some time with her by being a part of her big day. I also had the opportunity to catch up with some other friends from college who were in the wedding as well. You can see from my bouquet that she had the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen at a wedding. Her colors were pink and orange and the florist did an AMAZING job. They also had really neat favors. They had personalized Jones Soda bottles!
Here are some photos from the day. Note the flower girl who was especially adorable. She and I were buds throughout the day.
Here are some photos from the day. Note the flower girl who was especially adorable. She and I were buds throughout the day.
Me and Angie (another of my friends/roommates from college)

Krista, Elizabeth, Me, Angie, Melissa, Shannon (flower girl)
I had a really good time. It brought back a lot of memories from college and was great to reconnect with the girls I hadn't seen in a long time. My husband also deserves some recognition for hauling me around and being the lone spouse of the crew for most of the weekend. He's a pretty great guy. I think weddings are much more emotional for me now that I'm married because it's a reminder of our wedding.........the best day of my life.
2 comments:
beautiful!
Seriously?... Huh... I thought the best day of your life was meeting me... Alyssa :o)
Post a Comment