Great Grandma Snider
Great Grandma Snider passed away last Friday following a stroke at the age of 98. She was an amazing woman. All who knew her could speak endlessly of things that made her special: her smiling face, her servant heart, her humble spirit. I could write for hours about all of the wonderful little things about her; the things she did, the things she said, the things she made. But as I reflect on this amazing woman, the thing that really strikes me is not that I have a lot of fond memories of her, but that everyone who has ever met her has fond memories of her. That she did not just go out of her way to touch my life because she was my grandmother, she touched everyone's life because she spent her life caring for other people. Even as I sat by her hospital bed and looked through cards with her from my students, the smile on her face filled me with such joy. A smile of happiness and humble gratitude. She couldn't talk and could hardly move, but she was giving me a priceless gift in that moment. It makes me think about my own life and focused I am on my job, and my schooling, and just myself so much of the time. I am so challenged and humbled by her dedication to happily meeting the needs of other people. I cannot think of a better example of living a servant life than the one that was lived by my great grandmother. Christ has called me to live the life of a servant through His Word, and He has shown me how it is done through the life of this wonderful woman. My prayer is that one day I will be able to give to others with joy and humility as Grandma Mabel did throughout her life.
~Lee

1 comment:
Lee: Your thoughts and memories of your Grandma are very special.
When Loren's dad died someone sent us a card that said "The beauty of a life well lived lasts forever"
Your grandma's life was well lived, and she obviously had a beautiful impact on many people.
You are lucky to be part of her family.
love, mom wagner
Post a Comment