
Lee and I have had the boat out for a few weeks now. We've been out on the lake quite a bit...just floating. Floating is relaxing and fun and is much much cheaper than tubing and skiing. We've been trying to use the gas as slowly as possible! Lee spends his time reading his master's homework assignments and I spend my time soaking up the sun. Yesterday we invited Lee's two sisters and their husbands down for an afternoon on the lake. It was the first time that we'd ever just hung out as couples and it was a lot of fun to have the opportunity to share our blessings with them. They tubed and rode the waverunner. Here are some shots from the day.




After they were finished tearing it up on the lake (aka gas in waverunner was gone) we headed back to our house for dinner. Lee's folks came down for dinner and we had a relaxing child free evening together. We adore our nephews but I must say it was fun to spend time with Natalie and Greg without them having to worry too much about parenting. With much planning and pre-lake preparation thankfully my dinner for eight went rather smoothly. I was kind of stressed out about it all because it's really hard coming off the lake and immediately hosting a cookout for your in-laws.....but I've got the skills my mamma taught me! :) That and Lee follows directions well.

We ate dinner and played some cornhole (a double elimination tournament).

The Replogles and the Cripes headed for home. Replogles to their children. Cripes to their bed. The Zehrs stayed and taught Lee and I a new strategy game. We credit Aaron for introducing Settlers to us and he's now taught us a new game that might be added to our list. I can't remember the name of the game though! All in all a GREAT day. God blessed us with willing babysitters, great weather, a working boat/waverunner, time as couples, and the opportunity to enjoy family.
Toby has been quite shafted lately. He has spent A LOT of time in his crate. With the out of town family reunion, boating, family get togethers, etc..........he has not been a happy camper. So I did a glamour shot photo of him hoping it would cheer him up.

Doesn't it look like it should be his senior picture? Haha.
2 comments:
Thanks for a great day. It was a lot of fun!
You guys are great! Lovin' the blog! Enjoy the lake, summer will unfortunately end too soon.
Post a Comment