Saturday, November 8, 2008
Cleaning Frinzy
So something came over me a few days ago and I began to realize that our house needed some major reorganization. I have never lived in the same physical location for this long (2+ yrs) and I realized that things were starting to get slightly out of hand. Usually when you move from apartment to apartment you have a chance to perge and to re-establish where things go. I was finding myself shoving random things under the couches or under the bed, or in random drawers just because I didn't have time to find a place for it. I could take the unorganization no longer! I was cleaning like someone who was about to die and wanted all her things in order. Where the motivation came from I'll never quite know. I began on Thursday night......I reorganized the breezeway, the kitchen (all cabinets), cleaned the bathroom cabinet, the closets, the bedroom. I even cleaned under the bed! I lost steam right about then and my allergies were making things difficult (LOTS of sneezing). So this morning I got up with the motivation to finish the rest of the house. I completed the office, the living room, and the basement today. I went through drawers, I shredded unneeded files, I reorganized bookshelfs and the desk. Lee was not home which makes such projects much easier. He has a tendency to want to keep everything.......and my motto is more "if you don't know your missing it then you didn't need to keep it." Toby spent a majority of his day outdoors because he was definitely in the way. During my grand project I thought it was odd that he had been outside for so long and wasn't barking. I went out to find this:
The ground was kind of wet and so I guess he didn't want to get his fur pants wet and leafy. He was happy as a little clam sitting out watching some active black squirrels in the trees. SO FUNNY. I reorganized my address book, my recipes, literally EVERTHING. All I need to do is get caught up on my photo albums and clean off some of the older pictures on the computer and I will be officially DONE. It feels good to look around my little house and know that everything is where it should be. Hopefully it will make the quickly approaching maddening holiday season a bit less stressful for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just did that (but only to my kitchen cabinets). My house was a disaster...like tornado massive mess, but by golly, my kitchen cabinets were organized and clean.
Post a Comment