Thursday, December 21, 2006

Oh Christmas Tree

This right here is the first Snider Christmas tree! Lee went and picked it out all by himself. It's a Stanger Christmas tree (grown locally by one of our groomsmen). This tree could not have fit more perfectly into our home. And while it's just a little guy, it's real and that is what's important. I was disappointed that I'd left all of my childhood Christmas ornaments in Ohio, but then Lee's mom gave us a box of his. I was so excited that we would have some ornaments that had character and history....until I opened the box. A girl's childhood Christmas ornaments look slightly different than a boy's. The box was full of plastic football helmets and various ornaments that did not exactly add to the visual aesthetics of our tree. There were a few that made the cut, the others we placed lovingly back in the box with a chuckle and an "um no." The plastic 49er's helmet made it on the side towards the window. Can't see it from inside the house, can't see it from the road, yet it's still on the tree: everyone wins.
Why is it that there is something so cozy about coming home and being able to see your Christmas tree from the road? I love it. Now if only we had just a light dusting of snow, you know.......just for the holidays.

No comments: