Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day Week

Last Thursday my mom came out for a quick visit. She got here around 12:30 or so and we headed to Cerulean for lunch. It was beautiful outside and we got to sit out on the screened in porch, ate sushi and shrimp and just caught up. It was so much fun to just get to spend some time with her. We then apparently filled a "life long" desire (more like since I've been in Warsaw) to visit the Warsaw Cut Glass Factory which is right near our house.


It is a really cool local place. They have many beautiful glass peices and you can special order them to 'cut' glasses for you. We ended up getting the sunflower pattern......as keepsakes of our time in Warsaw, Indiana.

Then we changed our clothes and headed out to walk on the bike trails. I wanted her to see exactly what I'd been talking about. We walked, talked, and she ooohhh'd and ahhhhh'd over all the things I can ride my bike over. (you can always count on your mom to make you feel good even if it's just the beginner yellow). After walking we were sweaty and came home and got cleaned up. Once Lee got home we headed to the Boathouse for dinner where our favorite special was available: coconut shrimp. We all three got it and enjoyed the evening. We watched our favorite show Grey's Anatomy and then headed to bed. Lee had to go to school, and I took Mom to Maria's House of Pancakes which has the best breakfast food in the world. For only $5 you can get THIS:

Doesn't this picture look like it should be in a menu? This is the five egg omlet that you get with hash browns AND two pancakes........again did I mention it only costs $5????

Mom left after breakfast and then on Friday night Lee and I headed off to a marriage conference. It was a great time spent with other young married couples. We were paired up with an older trained mentor couple and went through a quiz and discussed the our answers that varied. It was an amazing time of growth and conversation for Lee and I. There is such a benefit in sitting with Godly older couples. It went so well and God really showed up in each married couple's lives.

Then Sunday we headed to the Cripe's for Mother's Day. We busted out the cornhole and it was a hit. Lee spent a majority of his time driving Jarrett around on the John Deere. Needless to say by the time we got home it felt like we had just been going and going and going. Then bright and early monday morning I started my summer classes. 8-4 every day. One class this week, one class for the next two weeks. It's going to be a long month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That omelet is huge!